The Theological Pentecostal Institute is the official educational centre that trains ministers to serve in the Romanian Christian Pentecostal Denomination. As such, the Institute is subscribing to the Statement of Faith of the Denomination (Statement of Faith of the Romanian Christian Pentecostal Denomination), and respects the Bylaws of the Romanian Christian Pentecostal Denomination and the Bylaws of Pentecostal Ministers (see here and here).
Foundational affirmations of our statement of faith:
- We believe that there is only one God, manifested in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s infallible Word and as such is the only norm for the faith of the believer and of the Church. We believe in the inerrancy of the Holy Scripture.
- We believe that God is the Creator of the whole universe, of man and of the angelic beings.
- We believe that sin entered the world through the disobedience of the first man, Adam, and since then every human being is born sinful and therefore needs salvation.
- We believe that only God’s grace makes the salvation of mankind possible, through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and that one becomes a beneficiary of this salvation through faith and repentance.
- We believe that one can be born again through the work of the Holy Ghost and that the Holy Ghost continues to work in the life of the believer after conversion by enabling the believer to do good works (to bear fruit) and to live a holy life.
- We believe that water baptism should be administered to people who convert and are born again. We believe that water baptism is done in the Name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, and it is the entry point of the believer into the Church.
- We believe in Holy Ghost baptism, which is manifested outwardly through the speaking in tongues. This we regard as a distinct experience, different that the experience of being born again and water baptism. Being filled with the Spirit is the means by which the believer is given power for ministry and as such is a repeatable experience.
- We believe that the Lord’s Supper was instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ and that it is foundational in the life of the Church. Through participation in the Lord’s Supper believers enter into fellowship with their divine Lord, Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the continuity of supernatural manifestations of the Holy Ghost, through the gifts the Holy Ghost gives to the believers with the purpose of building up the Church.
- We believe in the priesthood of all believers, but also in the unique call of some of them, made manifest through ordination, to serve the Church.
- We believe in the sanctity of family as an institution founded by God and enacted through marriage.
- We believe that the utmost mandate of the Church is to proclaim the Gospel to the ends of the Earth and that this mandate must be fulfilled through the joint effort of all its members.
- We believe in the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, the rapture of the Church, the resurrection of the dead, the final judgment and the glorification of the saints, and the eternal destiny of man, either in Paradise with God or in hell forever separated from God.